Tuesday, January 24, 2006

THE LOVE DOCTOR - PART 2

And so it continues...

THE LOVE DOCTOR - PART 2



I didn’t post any of Dean’s messages after that first one; I let him know that whatever he told me after the initial e-mail would not go public. The formality of our salutations to each other belied the closeness I felt for him as time went on. It was just our ritual and so it continued.

He encouraged me to talk about myself, which I did to a degree. I didn’t let on how he had affected me and how much I looked forward to his e-mails.

I confided in him how many men had hurt me since I had a tendency to fall for men who were looking for sex only. Married men I had affairs with gave me a safety net. I knew they were attached so I didn’t fall deeply in love with them. This defense mechanism saved me from further pain.

As my feelings for Dean deepened, I found the strength to stop seeing those men and in fact was concentrating on my work. Hearing he found someone he liked saddened me. I knew I should be happy for him and I was but there was the longing inside me to be with him.

I expected to hear back from Dean, even if it was a goodbye note; I grew upset that he didn’t reply as the days went by. Thinking he was too busy with the new lady in his life to write me, I tried unsuccessfully to block him from my mind. Three months passed without a word. Then one day I received a new message from Dean_from_Detroit. Nervously I started reading it.

“Dear Erica:” it began. “This is Ann, Dean’s daughter. I hope I am doing the right thing by writing you but my dad had a car accident May 11. He was in the hospital and just got released a few weeks ago. Erica, my dad told us about you. He told us he was going to let you know how he felt, right before the accident. Now he doesn’t want you to know since he is unsure if he will walk again.”

May 11 was the day I wrote him the e-mail, I remembered. “Give me his address. I will be there later today,” I told Ann. As I drove to Detroit from Chicago where I resided, I thought about Dean and how attracted I was to the picture that he forwarded me. I realized though that what made him most appealing was how wonderful a man he is. I knew that no matter what the accident did to his face or body, it wouldn’t make a difference in how I felt about him.

I rang the bell to his house and his daughter Ann introduced herself. She let me know that he was upstairs in his bedroom and led me to him. She told me to wait outside and then she walked in and spoke to him. “There’s someone here to see you,” Ann told him, not giving him the chance to respond.

Ann left the room and I stepped in. Seeing him lying on the bed, he looked tired and a bit scarred but still handsome. “Who are you?” Dean asked me.



Remember to come back again for the next installment of my story. Feedback is welcome. Give me a call and let me know if you are enjoying it.

Angel

1-877-857-8837

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home